Saturday 16 October 2010

SBS: Tuerkheimer response to criticism

I appreciate the interest and attention being
focused on this important issue. While I am not able to comment on blog
comments, I think it is worthwhile to emphasize – as I’ve done in my
work – the importance of viewing these scientific developments from the
perspective of criminal justice. From this vantage, outstanding areas of
disagreement within the scientific community are dwarfed in importance
by the ground that is shared.
If your blog readers are interested in a more thorough discussion of how
our criminal justice system has responded to SBS, my article can be
accessed here
.
I am hopeful that the Times Op-Ed can catalyze a productive
conversation.
Regards,
Deborah Tuerkheimer
Professor of Law
DePaul University College of Law
http://commonhealth.wbur.org/2010/09/tuerkheimer-responds-to-criticism-on-shaken-baby-syndrome/

No comments:

Post a Comment